Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One of the many reasons I love this man

Today is Jack's birthday.

My son loves his birthday because he can have a party. It's not the presents that are important, but the planning, having everybody together, making the cake, the decorations, etc. For the past two weeks he's been working on his master list during lunch. He shoves a piece of paper in his lunch box before he leaves in the morning, and during lunch time he writes down the name and phone number of everyone who wants to come to his party.

The only problem? I still haven't settled on the actual date for his party.

Note to self. You must do that today.

Anyways, after being asked to sing Happy Birthday twice this morning, I watched my baby skip off to school, somewhat surprised that we hadn't heard from Dave.

Then I checked my email and found this. My hubby had this photo taken with the school mascot, and it will be shown on the school's morning "news". My husband is amazing. No matter where he is or what he is doing, he makes certain that family comes first. Wish I could say the same!

Forget Herbie. This could be the best birthday yet!


1 comment:

Kate said...

Dave rocks!