Saturday, October 04, 2008

Going out now to a public function.

Praying that the baby, and my other children for that matter, doesn't have a melt down. I'm still not too sure what the issue is, but I think it may be related to lactose. The poor little thing is gassy, gassy, gassy which makes for a fussy, fussy baby. I should also toss in that is makes for a tired, tired Momma . . . .

Hoping I can make it through the picnic line with plates for all the kids. Want to keep the "I don't likes" to a minimum.

Hoping that hubby gets off work early and is able to meet me there as promised.

Looking forward to being outside and enjoying the fall air. The leaves are just starting to change, and that evening "nip" is in the air. I love it.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Shana said...

You are brave!

We'll have to chat about the gassy/fussy thing- perhaps that's what's up with Miss Sasha too. She just can't get comfy and fusses for 3 hours every night! I try everything, but nothing works. I'm tired & my back is killing me!

Good luck today!

Hugs, Shana :)

geminirn said...

Hope all went well at the picnic and your were able to relax a bit.

Amy said...

Belated Congratulations!!!

I got a new computer and lost all my bookmarks and am slowly finding them again. I thought of you when our Mothers of Preschoolers group sent me a postcard reminding me that we were doing those Samaritan Purse shoeboxes this month (and I learned about them from you 2 yrs ago), and as I was remembering you, I was thinking, "and she has a baby due in September... WAIT--It's OCTOBER!! I missed it!!"

So I went to my blog looking for an old comment from you, hoping I could link from it and find your blog again.

So, now that you know why you didn't hear from me, let me say again, Congratulations!! I'm so glad your baby is healthy and everything turned out OK. We'll be thinking about you a lot this winter.

Penny said...

Hi Amy!
I completely understand why you are sooo tired. JT was a super fussy baby. At night, I finally had to put him down for bed...sitting up. This seemed to work for him. I would strap him in his seat and put it in the crib. He seemed to pass his gas better...and those drops. That was the only way I kept my sanity...I tried everything.
Good luck. You have my prayers.

Val said...

I think Woodward's Gripe Water is what my SIL swears by. It's hard to get. Found a link:
http://www.theindianfoodstore.com/woodward-s-gripe-water-150ml.html

It looks like snake oil, but is supposed to be worth its weight in gold.

GOOD to see you back!!! Post pics of the kids, hey???