Monday, February 25, 2008

Why We Recycle


Three weeks worth of recycling was so impressive I had to take a photo. What was most disturbing was the amount of junk mail that had piled up. The Panera bag, Coke box, and the two brown boxes all have magazines and nothing but the junk mail that floods our box on a daily basis. Behind all that is another blue box filled with plastics and metals. I know many think recycling is a hassle, but I almost feel guilty tossing away things that could be recycled, especially since we seem to produce more recyclables vs plain trash.
My favorite is the second shot, where my son wanted to know if the trash man would take him away if he jumped in the trash can. He was rather excited about the idea, and I had to tell him to get down and stop trying to climb in. Oh my sweet little boy . . . Don't tempt me! :) Somedays that sounds almost too good to be true!

1 comment:

ccw said...

My first thought was Holy Sh*t how do you get that much in a week. Then I read that it was 3 weeks worth of stuff.

I am constantly amazed by how much actual garbage we still have when we fill two bins and usually a paper bag of papers for recycling.