Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Something Fun to Do


This idea came from my Parents magazine, and it's been a fun project to work on. Another plus is that it's fast, easy and cheap! Buy a bag of mini pumpkins, and paint them black or pink if you want a princess spider. I don't think I need to explain that one to those of you who have daughters! I added a coat of varnish to make him shiny, pipe cleaners for legs, and googly eyes. We are off today to buy something for the nose and jewels for the pink pumpkin.
With an abundance of spider pumpkins in the house,I'm going to take a few to the preschool teachers. Having a mother and sisters who are teachers, I know that decorations are desired but often very pricey. Hopefully this will be a welcome addition to their classrooms!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I just saw that in a magazine, and your spider is cuter! Martina is having a pink spider birthday party soon. We've already spray-painted some spider candle holders; maybe we'll do some mini-pumpkins too! :)

Rach said...

Great ideas Amy! Maybe you can make a fat and bald spider and give it to Dave (hee, hee!!!)

ccw said...

I saw kids making these at Michael's and they actuaally have a complete spider kit but of course the pumpkin is fake.

Trisha said...

That is the world's cutest spider. Be sure to post pics of the pink one- that should be cute!