Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sunday

Church today convicted me.

My pastor asked "If a camera followed you Monday-Saturday, would your life reflect Christ?"

My first thought was "Are are you leaving out Sundays just because we come to church? There is still plenty of day left!"

I'm struggling.

Patience with my daughter and her learning issues. I don't know how to help her, and it frustrates me to no end. There is a part of me that wants to scream "HOW CAN YOU NOT GET THIS? WE'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR TWO YEARS?"

And then I struggle with guilt.

My son told me today, in the church parking lot, that changing Sunday school classrooms pissed him off.

My first reaction? To smack him across the head, to the horror of many people walking in with us.

Bad move, Amy.

For the record, he told me that he learned this word on the playground at school, when someone loses during four square. I'm just glad he didn't say "From you" because I will admit that word has been known to sliiiiip out from time to time.

I could go on and on, but whether it's one thing or a million, stumbling is stumbling.

I know what I need to do. I get to get things straight again. Rearrange my priorities. Return to Bible Study. Remember quiet times. Just remembering to pray would be an improvement on most days.

On that note, I'm off to enjoy time with family. Hubby is going to make Super Bowl munchies. I'm so blessed that not only does he love to cook, but it's something that he's really good at! We rarely watch football, the kids are more excited about the game then we are, but it's time just to relax, eat, and enjoy time together.

Hope you have had a nice weekend. Be back soon!

1 comment:

Butterfly Mama said...

Oh Amy,
I SO feel you. I have ben so convicted by my frustrations and being short with my kids lately.

Praying about it is helping, so is asking for my husband to pray about it. Trying to pray in the situation helps me the most but that requires setting myself aside and focusing on God you know.

Many hugs,
Heidi