Saturday, August 29, 2009

Knoxville Zoo

We spent the afternoon at the Knoxville Zoo yesterday, and it's an amazing place to visit. Not too big, not too small - the perfect size for a zoo, in my opinion. What really makes this place, however, is that they have a great place for kids to play. We could spend the whole time visiting the play area if I wasn't insistent on doing something else. Here are just a few of my snaps. I'll add some more tomorrow. Pancakes are ready to be made so I'm off!

There is this wonderful butterfly exhibit, where all sorts of pretty things float around for a few months out of the year.
Jack, trying very hard to be still and "blend in" with the rock, hoping that one would come and land on him. No such luck.
These are one of God's grossest creations, the naked mole rat. In the middle of this pile is a large, always pregnant, female. At least whatever eats them doesn't haven't to worry about hairballs. Gag.

This is another reason I want Photoshop. I love this photo except that my son was eating almonds, and you can see them in his teeth! Help! I need to tooth tool!

This was fun to see. Usually when we visit it's so warm the animals are doing nothing but sleeping or standing like statues. Today the zebras were fighting - "JUST LIKE US MOM!" - and the kids loved the action.

Even my baby was captivated by the action!

No comments: