Monday, December 15, 2008

Balance

I thought about buying a real tree this year. During my husband's last deployment, I bought a small, fake tree in an effort to keep things easy and prevent Jack from eating the needles. We've outgrown this small tree as our ornament collection has grown over the years, and I really miss that Christmas tree smell.

So I thought about it and at first it seemed like a good idea. Then I started to think about the logistics of it all, and realized one, very important thing.

My put up the Christmas tree partner is gone. The one who screws the tree into the stand while I hold it in place. The one who tells me "more to the left, more to the right" as we attempt to get the thing straight in the stand. The one who helps me find that perfect balance.

I don't think I can do it without him.

Honestly, I don't want to do it without him.

Life is so out of balance without him, and I miss him even more when things like this come up.

I challenge you today to think of something where your partner helps you find that perfect balance, give them a kiss for it, and count yourself blessed. I'd give anything to be able to do the same.

No comments: