Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Big Girl

I know this should have been a happy day, but there was something sad about taking down the crib. For eight years, I've wrestled putting sheets on this thing, pondered ways to keep the kids from climbing out, and marveled at the little teeth marks all over the wood. It's a pain to take down and put up, and it's a bear to move. Still, it reminds me of my babies, and putting it away is just one more reminder that they are getting bigger. Here are a few photos from the "big day", where the crib came down and Anna moved to her big girl bed.

One last time. The boys, even my hubby, thought I was nuts to ask for those photos!



One last photo before the crib is put away until we either have a fourth (not likely) or we donate it (very likely).
For Anna's birthday, my parents and I put together a "big girl room" for Anna. She loves her fairies, hanging butterflies, and Pepto Pink sheets. Such a girl. My boys could still care less about what's in their room.

4 comments:

Rach said...

Oooh...can we see more pictures? Is that a single or double (just debating for Greta when she gets out of the toddler bed)

Carpenters said...

I haven't had to go through it yet, but I'm sure it's hard to say good-bye to babydome. We've watched the son of good friends grow and it's bittersweet, happy and sad. To the big girl, happy birthday!

Becky said...

Awwww, Amy, I understand! We're getting ready to take down Abbie's crib (she's 3 1/2, for Heaven's sake!), and it's just tearing me up!
I love the term "Pepto Pink"! That about sums it up, doesn't it?

Val said...

Sniffle. How sad...we're getting ready to do the same thing. Not sure if we're ready to try two girls in one room though. :O