Saturday, April 14, 2007

Another Reason I Love the South

The soil in our area is acidic, and I love it. When we lived in Michigan, I tried in vain to duplicate this wonderful soil and had little success. I'm thrilled that I can plant again without having to heavily amend the soil and reduce the pH! My favorite types of trees and bushes thrive in acidic soil, and I was in hog heaven until frost hit and killed it all. Our neighborhood was in full bloom for about two weeks with two of my favorites, azaleas and dogwoods.

Walmart had azaleas on sale last week, $2.00 each, and I snatched two. I know we are renting, but at that price I couldn't pass it up. Things will warm up again soon, and I can't wait to see their pretty pink flowers.







2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

BEAUTIFUL! We're still getting rid of the snow here. Ick!

Steph

ccw said...

Our soil does not have enough acid so azaleas and rhodendruns are hard to grow. Of course, I am too lazy to fix the soil.

The pictures are beautiful!