Monday, August 21, 2006

Sunday Supper

I made this for dinner last night, and it was great. There was enough for the 5 of us plus leftovers for our lunch today. Easy to make! Enjoy!

Three Cheese Baked Pasta

1 lb pasta - cook until al dente
1 pound ground beef
1 onion chopped
6 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce - I used one large "jug" from Sams Club
6 ounces provolone cheese sliced - I used a whole 8 oz package of prepackaged sliced
1 1/2 cups sour cream - I used light and it was fine
6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9 baking dish.

Cook ground beef and onion in a skillet until browned. Add spaghetti sauce, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. I never do the simmer part. I'm always short on time!

Layer in the dish as follows: half of the pasta, all of the provolone cheese, all the sour cream, half of the sauce mixture, remaining pasta, mozzarella cheese, and remaining sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 30 mins or until bubbly.

What did you make for dinner last night? Leave a comment, post your fixins on your site, and I'll jump over to visit. I'm always looking for something good to make!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

sounds good! will try tomorrow! Miss you!

Glass Half Full said...

I love these simple recipes!! Gotta try it...