Thursday, November 04, 2010

Where Does The Time Go?

Good grief.
I knew it had been awhile since I had posted anything, but I never thought it had been way back in July. There comes a point where you wonder "Why am I doing this?" and honestly, sometimes I don't know. I enjoy writing, but I also enjoy things that take me far and away from the land of blogging.
I'm hoping to finish up soon and make this into a Blurb journal.
Still, I can't imagine ever calling it completely quits.
Anyhoo . . .
Last time I posted, I was complaining that it was too hot.
Friday it will be in the low 40s during the day and in the 20s at night. How quickly things have changed.
I'm working every now and then in a tiny hospital that has their women's' services on one floor. We have maybe ten beds, most of which sit empty. It's totally different from what I'm used to, but I have a feeling I'm going to really like it. There's all sorts of time to spend with patients, something that I haven't had in previous positions.
Some days, however, I'm over nursing in general. The paperwork and legal aspect of it all can be suffocating and just plain exhausting.
We're already thinking about our next move, which will be sometime in late May/early June. Crazy to think that this time last year Dave was still deployed and we were thinking that moving to Ft Bragg was in our future.
I NEVER thought we'd be in Kansas.
Life is full of wonderful surprises!
Like this!

My parents came for a visit, and the kids had no idea. Can you say total joy?

1 comment:

trooppetrie said...

glad to see you back, I wish we could trade your kansas for our bragg spot.