Saturday, December 05, 2009

Praying for Patience

I've been off my blog for a few weeks.

I'm scattered.

Too out in left field to put something together that is profound and "meaningful".

Mom was here this week for five, whole, wonderful, Panera-filled, coffee drinking, Christmas wish walking, holding my baby so my arms could rest, takin' the kids up to the bus stop at 7:00 AM in the freezing weather, sitting across the couch from me at night and making me laugh, days.

It was perfect.

I wish she was still here.

Anyways, I'm absolutely obsessed with thinking about my husband coming home.

It's all I can really think about.

Dream of.

Reminds me a lot of those last few weeks of pregnancy, when you are absolutely consumed with what is soon to come.

Focusing and thinking internally about what this and that means.

"Are these Braxton Hicks or contractions?"

Isn't it funny how you wonder that until you finally have the real thing and then you think "How could I EVER forget this!?!?"

Anyways, all I can think about is my husband's return.

Time seems to be dragggggiiiinnngg . . . .

My motivation is nonexistent and if it weren't for the kids I'd be on the couch watching movies and reading, focusing on another hour down and closer to THE day.

Which we still don't know when that will be.

We have a "window" but more than likely, we should have him home in less than three weeks.

Woo hoo!

That's all I can say about that.

I do have to add that we bought a real tree this year. First time in 6 years that we have had something besides the fake number that I bought when Dave was deployed last.

The thing smells great but sure is messy. I've forgotten how many needles a day those things can drop!

Still, what is better than the smell of a Christmas tree?

I am proud of myself and the kids. We picked one out, got it on top of the car, home, in the stand nice and straight, and decorated so nicely.

Can't wait for hubby to see it.

Will post photos soon.

Off to enjoy the dusting of snow that we got last night.

Hoping you are having a blessed holiday season.

1 comment:

MBC Scrapbooking said...

Hi! I just found your blog from MckMama's forum- I used to be a military wife (my husband "retired" recently) and just got chills reading this post- I am SO happy for you that he's coming home. I hope the days fly by until he's here! Looking forward to reading more on your blog...:)