Thursday, June 11, 2009

This and That

Now that my kids are home for summer, it's difficult to find the time to blog. VBS has been my downtime this week, but that will all end tomorrow. I'm amazed at some of these blogging women who manage to take smashing photos, write paragraphs of amazing material about their daily activities, and still get it all done. I stand in awe.

My biggest challenge this week has been fighting a wave of loneliness that is almost consuming. What has kept me busy and content- IE friends, activities, etc - is no longer squashing the feelings of sadness and loneliness. I just plain miss my husband and our family life.

I am grateful that this is the first, strong, wave of sadness that I have experienced this deployment. Prior to the lazy days of summer, I've just been too busy to even think about missing him. Now that people are grilling out, enjoying family days at the park, swimming at the pool together, etc., the sting of being alone has started to itch again.

I haven't heard from Dave in almost three days, the longest in this deployment. I've actually let myself think that it may because he's coming home early for vacation, and that he wants to surprise me. The reality? He's probably just very, very busy. Oh well. One can always dream, right?

On a brighter note, Danielle gave me a makeover! I can't say enough about her. After numerous emails, all sorts of ideas, etc., she came up with this, which I love. She's a charm to work with and has a creative side, which I envy. She is also a sister in Christ, which made our "partnership" even sweeter. If you are looking for a change, I can't say enough about her.

On that short note, I must run. Baby is sleeping and I've got an hour before VBS pick-up. There is laundry to be done, a shower to be had, and a quiet time with Him.

Hoping to be back soon.

Amy

No comments: