Monday, June 08, 2009

I Miss You


Today is one of those days where I really miss you.

I want you home to enjoy our summer BBQs, with endless nights of marinated chicken and brats hot off the grill. Sweet corn is back in season and there is plenty of watermelon in the frig, two things that we always enjoy.
I want to see the joy on the kids' faces as they play "Krachen" with you in the pool.
I want you to see our last baby learn to clap his hands for the first time.
I want you to hear the kids sing their VBS songs and gush about all the fun things that they are doing and learning.
I want to enjoy the quiet of the evening with you, watching Colbert on TV and sharing a bowl of ice cream.
I want to watch you through the kitchen window as you patiently teach the kids archery in the backyard.
I want to go for walks as a family, holding your hand.
I miss holding your hand, hugging you, and feeling safe inside your arms.
You are the world to me and I miss you terribly.
Sleep well tonight.
I love you.

1 comment:

Rebel said...

I know just how you feel. Am a military spouse - being a geographically single mom of 5 for a year. Almost done... 9 more trash pick ups until dad comes home for good!

I just ordered one of the free signs to welcome "Daddy" home... thanks so much for that great info!

Found your blog via Danielle's Design spot... she did mine too!

Cheers! And hope your family is all together soon also!

Rebel