Wednesday, April 08, 2009

People see me as a single mother.

True, when it comes to daily operations, I am. Trying to figure out the logistics of moving my troops revolves around myself and myself alone. What I do have, however, is a husband half way around the world who is involved in our daily lives as much as he can be. While this is a tremendous blessing, I feel pressure that a single mother would not face. I essentially feel as though I have someone to answer too.

Does my husband make me feel this way?

No, it's from myself, and the pressure that I apply to "hold down the fort" at home. Not only do I want to hold down the fort, but I want to raise it to a new level so that hubby can rest comfortably, knowing that we are fine as frog hair back in the good ol' US of A.

So when this came home, along with a behavior slip for not listening, and the added bonus of a C in math, I felt somewhat defeated. Like I had a lot of explaining to do. Take a look at what my son has been keeping in the desk next to him. At first I thought this was in his desk, but then the teacher explained that he was hiding it in the desk next to him. Lazy lazy.


Photos do not do this pile justice. There were papers from the beginning of the school year in there! What in the world, son!?!
On a side note I did feel somewhat better knowing that I was not crazy, and that my Tupperware was disappearing. I had started to wonder if the dishwasher was eating it.
Anyways, I digress.
So I feel somewhat like a failure. C in math, not listening to the teacher, and a rat's nest for a desk.
"What's going on?" my hubby wants to know.
I wish I knew . . . .
I wish he was here to help me figure it all out.
Because some days I don't get what is going on myself.

No comments: