Monday, February 19, 2007

Our 2007 Blizzard


A few weeks ago we had a "big snow". Down here, snow means you must prepare for a disaster and the need to stay in your home for at least a week. In order to survive, you must run to the grocery store and buy plenty of milk and bread. Things are thrown into a state of chaos and mild panic. Having lived in Michigan, where the snow forecast is down far on your list of concerns, this is rather amusing.

Anyways, I knew they were calling for snow overnight so before I got out of bed, I turned on the news to listen for school closings. Schools were closed. Afternoon activities were cancelled. EVENING things were cancelled as well, something I never recall happening when we lived in Michigan. Wow. This had to have been something. Maybe we would get to use all the cold winter things we spent hundreds on to survive at least five MI winters. Maybe the kids would finally get to sled and make a snow tunnel, something they wished for everytime snow was expected.

So for all my friends who live where it really snows, here's something to make you chuckle. It was so absurd I had to take a photo. Here is our blizzard of 2007.


4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, Amy, I'm laughing my fool head off!
From Becky, who's in the Chicago area!

Val said...

OooohAaaaah. ROTFL...lake-effect snow it is not. I'll bet they missed a good sledding this year. The kids went tonight on the hill...it's a sheet of ice, and they went forever before their sleds stopped. They've had more winter fun this year than usual...global warming and all that. ;o)

Trisha said...

What the heck? I don't see any snow in that picture! That is so funny! But, at least, the kids will have a fun day at home!

ccw said...

That is funny to me but I imagine it would be pretty scary if you had never driven in snow.