Saturday, November 25, 2006

Out of Ideas???

I'm always looking for gifts that do more than become just another object in someone's home. Some people are hard to shop for, and I feel like I'm wasting money buying something that they may like. Because of this, I tend to give gifts from Heifer or Buckner. At least someone will benefit from the money that I am spending. This year I found another organization that I wanted to tell you about.

Macy's is selling baskets that are made by women in Rwanda. I'm mostly interested in the ornaments which I think will make great gifts. Everyone can use something for their Christmas tree, and at the same time it will benefit the people who continue to struggle with rebuilding their lives. So take a peek. There are all sorts of choices, and you will be making such a difference in the lives of many women and their families.
http://www1.macys.com/campaign/rwanda/index.jsp

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by to say hi. Hope that your family had a great Thanksgiving!

Sharon said...

What a great idea! Those baskets are gorgeous. The link was not working right now, but I'll try to see the ornaments later.

Butterfly Mama said...

This is a great idea! Thanks. I feel the same way.