Sunday, April 30, 2006

My uncle is a doctor and has gone to Pakistan to operate. He is an orthopedic surgeon who has gone to repair injuries that people sustained when all sorts of things collapsed on them. I thought you might find his emails interesting. It's amazing how life goes on as usual without a thought about those on the other side of the world who are suffering. I would encourage you to visit the website of Church World Service to get an update about the situation in Pakistan. They are still in need of our help and prayers!

Hi !

Got your message and a little note from Smolko. Sounds like everything is going well, Today we visited the earth quake town of Balecort where 30,000 people died.Many people still living in tents and much destruction. We also went to Muzaffarabad in Kashmir high in the mountains. Took a bunch of pictures and have only one roll left but I think it will be enough. I hope going thru all the security didnt expose the film. We operate at night here and last nite was the first nite I was able to stay up. We get thru about 12 or 1 AM.

No comments: